TRENDING

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Interview One Piece: The manga is at 70%!


   Recently we had the chance to read an interview of Suguru Sugita Eichiro the editor Oda gave a very interesting info's. We learn, among other things, that the manga would be around 70%. But we know the trend Oda extend his work, at least in the worst case, it remains 5 years of One Piece.

    In the 17th part of nocturnal emission Gold Rush, Suguru Sugita, 8th editor Eichiro Oda was interviewed by Ken Watanabe, one of the hosts of the show. Here below, the transcript of the interview which includes information about the progress of the work, and what awaits us soon.

   Question 1: Is it true that E. Oda, reveals the end of the manga as its editor?

   The Answer: Yes, indeed. He spoke to me by phone, hours after I took office as publisher. He asked me if I were alone, I told him yes. He assured me that he was alone on his side, and he said: "Perfect we will be able to speak freely," then he told me everything.


Question 2: Can you tell us how long it remains approximately by the end of the story?

    The Answer:  He said that the first part of the story, so the one that goes to the ellipse of two years (60 tomes about) was approximately 50% of the work. I think one must be present to about 70%, in any case, I do not think we have reached 80%.


Question  3: Is it true that, after One piece, it does not wish to invest in a new saga?

     The Answer:  It has made no decision yet, but he just said he did not think be able to. It's been 18 years he is working on One Piece, one may ask, so what age he will when he has finished. I think the real question is, from a pragmatic point of view, he can still concentrate on another very long series when he has finished it?


Question 4: As the publisher of One Piece, what are the rules that applies to you?

    The Answer:  wish I did not offer him ideas, since it's hard to draw that did not come from him. Because this is his story, and that he wants to draw his own ideas. He also wants to be on a par with his publisher, so he will not be called Oda-sensei, but simply Oda-san. But, meanwhile it is also for me as a " Sugita-san, "despite my young age (26 years) and the fact that I'm new to the profession.He also asked me to always give my honest opinion.

Question 5: What did you think of Eichiro Oda, an outstanding artist?

     The Answer: I would say first of his talent, of course. But what particularly impressed me about him is his degree of investment and all he gives to the series. It may be that one day I have to work with a talented mangaka Oda-san, but I doubt there is one mangaka who invest as much effort as he. It sleeps about 2 or 3 hours a night, and all his thoughts always revolve around his work. It is uncompromising. It believes that an element is not funny enough or may not surprise readers, it will simply drop to think about something else, which I find absolutely awesome. It is really what I would call the flagship, in terms of manga writing.


Question 6: Which interesting developments can be expected, soon in One Piece?

     The Answer: Now that we are in the second part of the work, it will turn increasingly around the main plot. The yonkous will be even more in the spotlight in the story, I think you'll really enjoy the events.


    Those are the major point about the manga one piece that where spoke about in the interview, yet we skipped some question about money because what we need to knew is about the manga not how much ODA has money 





comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top